Monday, July 20, 2009

Baby girl is on her way!

After weeks to months of procrastination...the baby's room is almost done!!!! Garet and I couldn't agree on bedding for the baby, therefore NONE was picked out:) He didn't want too much pink (even though I tried explaining that she is a GIRL and I'm sure that some point in her life, she may like pink!), and I didn't like the too neutral look that he preferred. So, I was looking online and found this very simple, violet and green bedding. I didn't ask for any one's opinion, I just bought it! Then came buying the paint, which was an easy choice (purple and green), it just took a little while to go buy it. We had already picked out the furniture months ago, so it was waiting in the garage to be assembled. Garet and his mom painted for two days and I loved the way it turned out. I wanted an accent wall with stripes, but then settled for 3 vertical and 3 horizontal striped. That was fine by me since I wasn't the one painting. Here are a few pictures of the paint progression and then the room with the furniture and bedding in it. I still need to add my few loving touches to the wall (pictures), but this is pretty close to the final product. Please enjoy...:)





2 comments:

agirlnamedgay said...

wow i love it, esp the stripes! very creative! it's getting closer...

The Pope Fam said...

Yea, were SO excited!! I love the room. Where died you get the idea? Love you guys and can't wait to see you and Baby Milligan at the reunion!

Love,
Micah, Michelle, Madi, Malia, Blaine, and Bella Pope